5 Best Practices For Training Feedback Surveys
Is employee training essential in your organization?
Many companies invest in training their people to equip them with the latest knowledge and skills to excel in their jobs. This often takes the form of workshops, seminars, or courses.
Whether you are expert consultants leading the training or the brands investing in educating your talent, you want feedback on how the sessions were received to ensure time was well spent. If you administer ongoing training workshops through the year, LoopSurvey can be a valuable way to get training feedback:
Tip #1: Provide The Survey App On iPads With Other Materials
Many trainers provide iPads in the learning environment to replace bulky binders and provide a more interactive experience. These devices often have rich learning materials and applications already loaded on them for participants to follow along with. If this scenario applies to your situation, consider loading the LoopSurvey app on each device:
* At the end of each session, participants can quickly launch the app to fill out feedback and provide reactions in real time.
* Trainers can view feedback in real time via the online Dashboard. This data can be used privately or shared back with the class.
* From the Dashboard, the instructor or other administrator can switch the surveys in real time for participants. So you have the flexibility to run the same survey or to easily switch as the training progresses.
Tip #2: Let Attendees Load The App On Their Own Devices
If the trainers will not be providing iPad or other mobile devices for the training, most participants will be bringing their own device anyway (BYOD). For small to medium size training sessions, trainers can request attendees load the survey app onto their iPads and iPhones prior to the course:
* To load the survey application, participants simply need to (1) download the app and (2) input their unique device code
* Participants can launch the app during the training when requested to by the instructor
* From the Dashboard, the instructor or other administrator can run the same survey repeatedly or switch the surveys in real time for participants
Tip #3: Project Or Send Out The Survey Link
If you are dealing with a large audience or a wide mix of devices such as Android tablets, smartphones, and laptops – consider using a survey link for feedback instead.
* You can setup a unique link for each session from the Dashboard. Create the survey in the Surveys tab and access the link in the Devices tab.
* If you have a projector, you can display the unique survey link on the final slide
* In case everyone has good internet connectivity and email access, you can send people an email with the feedback link
Tip #4: Measure & Manage Trainer Performance For Next Time
Once you get feedback data from participants, you can quickly analyze training results to continuously improve performance:
* Establish a baseline
* Discover which sessions were most valuable
* Discover which trainers were most effective
* Adjust accordingly for future sessions
Tip #5: Share Feedback Data With The Sponsors
Training survey data can also be beneficial to the brands and sponsors that send people. Despite sponsoring employees, companies receive limited visibility into the training results beyond an anecdotal “it was fine.” LoopSurvey makes it easy to:
* Quantify the most valuable sessions & learnings
* Export data to Excel and synthesize your own thoughts in a summary presentation
* Invite brands to join the team in the Dashboard to access results in real time